Updated DAM Evaluations: New Scenarios, Vendors, Ratings, Analysis
Having watched the DAM marketplace evolve for the last 10 years, we've been talking a lot about how DAM has reached a tipping point in 2018.
The massive (and widening) divide between simple image repositories and those vendors ready to serve as the prime content engine underneath your marketing technology stack is just part of the story. More than ever, products are becoming increasingly specialized to serve very specific use cases.
As a buyer, it's critical to choose a solution that effectively addresses your specific use cases. We regularly speak with buyers frustrated by the limitations of an ill-fitting DAM platform. You don't have to join their ranks.
In response to this market evolution, today we released a major overhaul of RSG's DAM vendor evaluation research. Some of the changes include:
1. Added coverage of new vendors (with several more coming soon) that have garnered recent interest from our subscribers. Orange Logic and Brandfolder are now among the ~30 vendors we are watching and evaluating.
2. Dropped coverage of several vendors who have shown substantially less recent energy and buyer interest.
3. Released a new sample vendor evaluation for free download.
4. Modified and added new scenarios to evaluate each DAM vendor. Here is the new list of scenarios:
- Basic Brand Management
- Multilingual Brand Management
Marketing Asset Management:
- Advertising & Marketing Asset Management
- Product Asset Management
- Integrated Marketing Content Hub
Enterprise Asset Management:
- Work-in-Progress Creative Management
- Photo / Asset Library
- Media-based Knowledge Management
- Highly-regulated Environment
- Digital+Print Publishing
- Periodical & Catalog Production
Video & Audio Management:
- Media Library Review & Approval
- Media Editing & Assembly
Remember, you can choose and weight which scenarios are most important to you in order to get a truly custom shortlist by using the RealQuadrant Shortlist Generator as part of your DAM research subscription.